If you love Pop-Tarts, you’ll love these homemade Toaster Pastries! Easily made with refrigerated pie crust, filled with Nutella or your favorite jam and baked in the oven. Just like the toaster pastries you can buy at the grocery, only better!
Homemade Toaster Pastries
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 20 min
- 2 refreigerated pie crusts
- Flour for dusting the cutting board
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- 6 tablespoons jam or Nutella for filling
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Unroll the pie crusts, roll the first disc of pie pastry on a lightly floured surface into a roughly 9 x 12- inch rectangle.
- Cut the rectangle into six smaller rectangles. Gently separate the rectangles from the cutting board and lay them on the prepared baking sheet with 2-inches of space between each one.
- With a pastry brush, paint each rectangle with the beaten egg wash. Set the egg wash aside to use later.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the filling onto each rectangle in a thin line down the center.
- Roll out the second disc of pie pastry into a roughly 9 x 12 - inch rectangle. Cut out six rectangles and lay each rectangle over the rectangles with the filling.
- Seal the edges by pressing a fork around the perimeter of each rectangle.
- Using the pastry brush, paint the tops of each pastry with the egg wash and poke several times with a fork.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- While the pastries are cooling make the glaze; In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and cream until smooth. The glaze should have enough liquid in it to drizzle onto the pastries. If necessary, add a little more cream until you reach the desired consistency.
- Dust with powdered sugar or frosting.
Visit ZagLeft for more easy to make recipes!