The prefect pie for all of your holiday celebrations!
Holiday Confetti Pie
- 2 pie shells (I prefer deep dish!)
- 2 cups sliced peaches or 1 package frozen peach slices
- 2 cups fresh blueberries or 1 package frozen
- 2 cups sliced apples or 1 package frozen sliced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar plus 4 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line the bottom of a pie tin with first shell, molding it with your hands into the dish. (Or, used store-bought uncooked pie shell.)
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar and bake until golden brown, about 12-15 minutes.
- In first medium bowl, combine ¼ cup sugar and sliced peaches and 1 tablespoon of butter.
- In second bowl, combine ¼ cup sugar, sliced apples, cinnamon and 1 tablespoon butter.
- In third bowl combine ¼ sugar and blueberries.
- Cook each fruit in in medium saucepan separately until sugar is dissolved and fruit is softened. Consistency should remain fairly thick with all three fruits.
- Pour fruits onto baked pie shells in three layers, one fruit per layer.
- With remaining pie shell, cut out leaf designs with cookie cutter or free hand and decorate top of pie.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Serve with good vanilla ice cream!
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!