Start your day off with this protein oatmeal that tastes just like a healthy cinnamon roll! It’s SO quick, easy, healthy and will keep you full until lunch!
Healthy Cinnamon Roll Protein Oatmeal
- Yield: 1
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cooking Time: 10 min
- ½ Cup Rolled, old fashioned oatmeal (GF if needed)
- 2 Tbsp Truvia, or sweetener of choice to taste + more to sweeten the cream cheese
- 1 Cup water
- ¼ tsp + ⅛ tsp Vanilla extract, divided
- 2 Tbsp Vanilla Whey protein powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Coconut sugar
- 4-5 tsp Water, depending how thick your protein is
- 1 Tbsp Reduced-fat Cream cheese, softened
- In a small pot, combine the oatmeal and Truvia.
- Add in the water and ¼ tsp of the vanilla extract and bring to boil over medium/high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium/low and simmer until the oats are thick, stirring frequently. (About 5 minutes)
- Take the oatmeal off the heat and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- While the oatmeal cool, stir together the protein powder, cinnamon and coconut sugar in a small bowl. Add in the water, 1 tsp at a time and stir to create a thick, but spreadable, paste....like what you would spread in a cinnamon bun. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, stir together the softened cream cheese, and remaining ⅛ tsp of vanilla extract. Sweeten to taste.
- Add the cinnamon mixture and the cream cheese into the oatmeal and swirl around.
*Brown sugar can be subbed if you do not coconut sugar. However, some people find brown sugar slightly sweeter than coconut sugar, so you may want to use a little bit less to suit your taste. :)
Source: Healthy Cinnamon Roll Protein Oatmeal on Food Faith Fitness