Easy, cheesy and light…this Ham, Cheddar and Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole is so simple to whip up for brunch. Perfect for a crowd and not loaded with calories, perfect with a colorful fruit salad.
Ham, Cheddar, and Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
- Servings: 1 cup
- Yield: 10 servings
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cooking Time: 1 hr
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 vidalia onion, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- 1- 8 ounce boneless ham steak, diced
- 1 - 30 ounce package frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups low fat milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat. Add the onions and cook until softened. Stir in the peppers and sauté 2-3 minutes. Add the ham and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Gently stir in the hash browns and cheese.
- Spread the hash brown mixture in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the hash browns. Bake the casserole for 50-55 minutes or until puffy, golden and firm in the center.
- Serve immediately.