Lose the crust to make this quick and easy quiche packed full of ham and cheddar.
Ham and Cheddar Crustless Quiche
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 40 min
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup ham, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp chives, minced
- 1½ cups mild cheddar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9 inch pie plate (preferably glass or ceramic)
- Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet. Add the onion and ham and cook until golden, about 8-10 mins
- In a large bowl, whisk to combine the eggs, milk, heavy cream, salt, pepper, nutmeg and chives.
- Sprinkle the cooked ham and onions evenly in the bottom of the prepared pie plate. Sprinkle the cheese over the ham and then pour the egg mixture over the top.
- Bake about 40 mins or until the quiche is just set in the center.
As much as I adore a flaky pastry pie crust, sometimes I don’t feel like breaking out the rolling pin. Instead I scatter diced ham and sautéed onions on the bottom of a pie plate, then sprinkle shredded cheddar over that and pour the egg mixture on top. It bakes up so light and fluffy and the ham almost acts like a bottom crust. And the best part is it only takes minutes to whip up. It’s great for a weeknight dinner too when paired with a green salad and a hunk of crusty bread.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!