Easy to make & fun to eat!
Ground Beef Cupcakes
- Yield: 9 cupcakes
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 30 min
- Non stick cooking spray, for muffin tin
- 1 pound lean ground chuck
- 2 Tablespoons smoky barbecue sauce
- ¾ cup baked cheese crackers, crushed
- 2 Tablespoons minced yellow onion
- 1 (4 ounce) pouch home-style instant potatoes (cheese flavored)
- 2 cups water
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Garnish: ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the sides and bottom of 9 muffin cups; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the meat, sauce, crackers and onion. Mix with hand until combined. Divide mix into ¼ cup portions. Press & flatten into prepared muffin cups. Place in oven & bake for 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature is 160 degrees F. Take out of oven and place on a cooling rack for 10-15 minutes.
- Take the beef cups out of the muffin tins and place them on a double lined paper towel to blot any excess grease. Then place on a nice cake plate or cake pedestal.
- In a medium glass bowl, add the potato flakes, water and garlic powder; mix well. Cook in the microwave for 3 minutes. Stir and using a muffin scoop, scoop potatoes to the tops of each beef cupcake. Sprinkle with chive. Ready to serve.