No need for heavy pasta with this Greek-inspired meal. These Greek Spaghetti Squash Bowls are packed full with red peppers, onion, artichokes, Greek seasoned ground turkey, and topped with feta for a satisfying, low carb meal! Gluten-free, grain-free, and paleo-friendly sans the feta. I absolutely love all the flavors packed into this bowl. And it makes for great leftovers!
Greek Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- Servings: ⅙ squash bowl
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Prep Time: 10 hr
- Cooking Time: 30 min
- 1 large spaghetti squash (~2lbs)
- 1 lb 94% lean ground turkey
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ medium sweet onion, chopped
- 14oz can quartered artichokes, drained & rinsed
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- ½ TBS dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp ground onion
- ¼ tsp marjoram
- ¼ tsp thyme
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F. Fill a 13x9 baking pan with ½ cup of water and set aside.
- Cut squash lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Place squash cut side down in baking pan with water. Bake squash for 30 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- While squash is baking, prepare skillet with garlic, chopped onion, and chopped bell pepper. Cook on medium heat until vegetables are slightly soft, about 15 minutes. Transfer to separate bowl.
- Using same skillet, add turkey burger and cook on medium heat. Add Greek seasonings and crumble meat as it cooks. Fully cook the turkey burger.
- Turn stove top to low heat and add vegetables back into skillet with turkey. Add in artichoke hearts, and fresh spinach. Cover skillet with lid and cook until spinach is wilted, about 5 minutes, then stir to combine. Turn stove off.
- Once squash is done, flip over and scrape inside with fork so the squash strands come loose. Once bowl is full scraped, add in mixture until full and top with crumbled feta.
- Return stuffed squash back to oven for 5 more minutes. (You can skip this step but I prefer the feta slightly melted) This meal can be eaten straight from the bowl, enjoy!
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!