These Gluten Free Doughnuts (Krispy Kreme Copycat) are amazing! They are tender, fluffy, sweet and can be whipped up in around 30 minutes.
Gluten Free Doughnuts (Krispy Kreme Copycat)
- 1¼ cups Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Baking Flour
- ¼ cup flaxseed meal
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs, whites separated
- 1 cup milk (I used refrigerated coconut)
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 2-5 tbsp milk (I used coconut)
- Preheat your mini doughnut maker and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the first seven dry ingredients, flour through sugar.
- Make a well in the center and add the melted and cooled butter, vanilla, egg yolks, and milk. Mix gently.
- In a separate small bowl whisk the two egg whites for about a minute or two with a fork. You are just trying to get them a bit thicker so they add some fluffiness to the doughnuts.
- Add egg whites to mixture and stir just until mixed.
- Transfer mixture to a ziploc baggie with the tip cut off. This makes it easy to pipe into the donut maker.
- Fill each well ½ full without covering the middle section. If you do, your doughnuts won't have a hole.
- Cook for about 4-6 minutes, according to your donut maker directions.
- Allow to cool completely before glazing.
- For the icing simply mix the powdered sugar with the desired amount of milk. More milk will make icing runny. I left mine runny so I could get the Krispy Kreme look.
- You can also use a donut pan and cook these in the oven at 350º for 8-10 minutes.