Fried strawberry cheesecake crepes combine the sweetness of cheesecake, with a layer of fried strawberries on top, then rolled up into a crepe. Then topped off with a chocolate balsamic drizzle.
FRIED STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE CREPES WITH CHOCOLATE BALSAMIC DRIZZLE
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint strawberries, washed, and sliced
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup Philadelphia Cheesecake filling
- 6 tablespoons Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar, divided
- Combine flour, milk, eggs, and oil.
- Add Salt
- Heat a lightly greased 6 inch skillet; remove from heat.
- Spoon in 2 Tbsp batter; lift and tilt skillet to spread evenly
- Return to heat; brown on one side only.
- To remove, invert pan over paper towel
- Repeat with remaining batter
- Place the strawberries in a bowl, and sprinkle with the sugar.
- Let the strawberries sit for about 15 minutes so that the "juice up."
- In a saute pan, melt the butter
- Next add the strawberries and saute them in the butter for about 5 minutes. Just till they start to get a little mushy and the sugar starts to gel a little.
- Take them off the heat and set aside.
- On a plate, place a crepe.
- Next, spread a little bit of the cheesecake filling, about ⅛ of a cup or so. Spread it in the center of the crepe
- Spoon some of the fried strawberries on top the cheesecake filling.
- Roll up the crepes, and you can dust a little powder sugar on the top
- I like to put a little the strawberry juice around the crepe, then drizzle on the chocolate balsamic vinegar.
See this recipe and others on Seduction in the Kitchen Food Blog http://www.SeductionInTheKitchen.com