In my house, we call this recipe the "pruffin," which is short for protein muffin. This is such a simple recipe that can be fully customized for an on-the-go breakfast for busy mornings.
Eggs to Go "Pruffins"
- Servings: 3 "pruffins"
- Yield: 5
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 cup fresh or frozen veggies of choice
- ½ cup shredded cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray mini muffin tin with non-stick spray (can use regular muffin tins too).
- In a large liquid measuring cup (for easy pouring) scramble eggs, veggies, and cheese (if using).
- Pour eggs into muffin tins until ¾ full.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 12 minutes or until muffins no longer jiggle.
- Serve warm, or refrigerate and warm in microwave for a quick breakfast.
Mornings are busy in my house, so anything that can be made ahead is a plus. It is unlikely that I will have time to sit down long enough to eat scrambled eggs, let alone, actually prepare them. I will make up a batch or two of these for the week and then we can warm them as needed. This recipe can be adjusted to your taste, you can add more cheese, different veggies, or even bacon or ham.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!