Simple, tangy pasta sauce with a bit of creaminess that’s ready in less than 30 minutes. This Easy Vodka Sauce is easy to make and better than many restaurant versions. A secret ingredient puts it over the top!
Easy Vodka Sauce
- Servings: 1 cup
- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cooking Time: 20 min
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large vidalia onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- ¾ cup vodka
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce (worcestershire sauce is a good substitute)
- 1 28-ounce can tomato puree
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup half and half
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large dutch oven or stock pot over med-high heat. Add the onions to the oil and cook until softened
- dd the garlic and cook for one minute. Stir in the oregano and then add the vodka. Cook until reduced by half and then add the sugar, fish sauce, tomato puree and crushed tomatoes.
- Stir the mixture until well combined, then slowly stir in the half and half. Season with the salt and pepper. Turn the heat to low and cover. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.