This easy weeknight meal will become a warm weather favorite. Together the strawberries and balsamic vinegar create a tangy and sweet glaze perfect for chicken and a side of spinach salad!
Easy Strawberry Balsamic Glazed Chicken
- Servings: 4 people
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cooking Time: 25 min
- 4 boneless, skinless, thin cut chicken breasts
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp shallot, chopped
- ½ Tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ¾ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- ½ tbsp shallots, minced
- ½ tsp garlic, minced
- 2 cups strawberries, stems removed, sliced
- 1 tsp corn starch
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl whisk together the shallots, garlic, brown sugar, and balsamic vinegar.
- Place the chicken breasts in a glass or ceramic baking dish. Season with the salt and pepper. Then pour the marinade over the chicken breasts. Turn the chicken to coat. If you have the time let the chicken marinate for up to 2 hours.
- Place the chicken in the preheated oven (with the marinade) for 25 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the glaze.
- In a medium size sauce pan combine the balsamic vinegar, honey, dijon, garlic and shallots. Bring it to a boil, stirring periodically. Then lower the heat and let the mixture simmer about 10 minutes, uncovered over medium heat.
- After 10 minutes you may find the mixture is still thin, not syrup like in texture. In a small cup or bowl add tablespoon of water to the 1 teaspoon of cornstarch and mix together. Then add it to the saucepan, whisking to combine. Let it simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Add the strawberries and let it simmer another 3 minutes. You will see the strawberries start to break down a bit. Then remove from the heat.
- Add baked chicken to a platter or a plate. Spoon the strawberry mixture over the chicken. Serve with greens such as spinach or kale.