The perfect apple bread for breakfast- a great way to use up apples after apple picking.
Easy Apple Crumb Bread
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 2-½ cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp apple pie spice
- 8- 10 apples, peeled and diced or 21 oz apple pie filling
- 3 TBSP unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. (5 minutes)
- Add the eggs & vanilla and combine.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Fold in the apple pie filling or apples
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Combine all the ingredients for the crumb topping in a separate small bowl.
- Pour on top of the batter in the loaf pan.
- Bake for 75-90 minutes or until the center tester comes out clean.
- Let cool completely or serve warm.
We like to slice our apple crumb bread to have it for breakfast or brunch but it can easily be served as a dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel syrup.