A simple but amazing breakfast taco that will wake your mouth up in the morning! Ingredient List is for 1 breakfast taco.
Double Sauced Smoked Chicken Breakfast Tacos
- Servings: 1 Taco
- 1 flour tortilla
- 1 fried egg
- 2 tablespoons leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons leftover shredded smoked chicken
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 3 tablespoons salsa verde
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- Fry an egg and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat up the flour tortilla in the microwave for 10 seconds.
- Spread the mashed potatoes evenly across the tortilla.
- Place the fried egg on top of the mashed potatoes.
- Top the fried egg with the shredded smoked chicken and cheddar cheese.
- Drizzle the taco with sriracha and serve with salsa verde on the side.
Breakfast tacos are a great way to get a quick meal to start your day while using up last night's leftovers.
We made these tacos with mashed potatoes and the shredded meat from some smoked chicken thighs. You could easily substitute bacon, sausage or even use black beans if you wanted a vegetarian option.
The two layers of sauce are what makes these tacos truly incredible. The drizzle of sriracha is just enough heat to grab your attention and teh salsa verde cools it right down with waves of flavor.
I use flour tortillas because they wrap easily. When I want to really take these to the next level I use corn tortillas and deal with the extra mess :)
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!