Breakfast on the go, these easy Denver Omelet Egg Muffins are the perfect portable way to start the day. Make a big batch at the beginning of the week to make it easy to fuel up on busy mornings.
Denver Omelet Egg Muffins
- Servings: 2 muffins
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cooking Time: 30 min
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced Canadian bacon
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup diced orange bell pepper
- 10 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a standard sized muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion to the pan and cook until softened. Stir in the bacon and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the bell pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, salt and pepper.
- Divide the onion mixture evenly among the muffin cups and sprinkle each with cheese.
- Divide the egg mixture among the muffin cups filling until about ¼ inch below the top.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the egg is fully cooked.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 4-5 minutes then loosen the edges with a knife to remove.
- Serve immediately or transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
For more easy recipes visitThe Suburban Soapbox!
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!