Breakfast on the go, these easy Denver Omelet Egg Muffins are the perfect portable way to start the day. Make a big batch at the beginning of the week to make it easy to fuel up on busy mornings.
Denver Omelet Egg Muffins
- Servings: 2 muffins
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cooking Time: 30 min
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced Canadian bacon
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup diced orange bell pepper
- 10 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a standard sized muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion to the pan and cook until softened. Stir in the bacon and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the bell pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, salt and pepper.
- Divide the onion mixture evenly among the muffin cups and sprinkle each with cheese.
- Divide the egg mixture among the muffin cups filling until about ¼ inch below the top.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the egg is fully cooked.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 4-5 minutes then loosen the edges with a knife to remove.
- Serve immediately or transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
For more easy recipes visitThe Suburban Soapbox!