You can't go wrong with this classic, family favorite!
Deliciously Deviled Eggs
- 12 eggs, hard boiled and carefully peeled (See Jan’s Note for cooking eggs)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon spicy prepared mustard (like Dijon)
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2-3 drops hot sauce (like Sriracha or Tobasco)
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped fine, for garnish
- Paprika (Hungarian or Sweet Paprika preferred) for garnish
- Slice hard boiled eggs carefully in half, lengthwise.
- Remove yolks and place in a medium bowl.
- Place egg whites on a serving tray.
- In the bowl with yolks add mayonnaise, butter, cream cheese, prepared mustard, Horseradish, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- With fork or standing mixer, mash ingredients together until smooth and fluffy.
- Place mixture into a piping bag with round or grooved tip.
- Fill egg whites with yolk mixture.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Lightly sprinkle with paprika.
- Store in the refrigerator, lightly covered until ready to serve.
- Makes 24 halves.
When hard boiled eggs are overcooked, a green ring forms around the yolk. Here’s my method: Place eggs carefully in a pot nestled together. Cover eggs with water and 2 teaspoons of vinegar. Once water comes to a boil, cook for 2 minutes. Remove pot from heat. Let sit for 12 minutes.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!