You can't go wrong with this classic, family favorite!
Deliciously Deviled Eggs
- 12 eggs, hard boiled and carefully peeled (See Jan’s Note for cooking eggs)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon spicy prepared mustard (like Dijon)
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2-3 drops hot sauce (like Sriracha or Tobasco)
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped fine, for garnish
- Paprika (Hungarian or Sweet Paprika preferred) for garnish
- Slice hard boiled eggs carefully in half, lengthwise.
- Remove yolks and place in a medium bowl.
- Place egg whites on a serving tray.
- In the bowl with yolks add mayonnaise, butter, cream cheese, prepared mustard, Horseradish, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- With fork or standing mixer, mash ingredients together until smooth and fluffy.
- Place mixture into a piping bag with round or grooved tip.
- Fill egg whites with yolk mixture.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Lightly sprinkle with paprika.
- Store in the refrigerator, lightly covered until ready to serve.
- Makes 24 halves.
When hard boiled eggs are overcooked, a green ring forms around the yolk. Here’s my method: Place eggs carefully in a pot nestled together. Cover eggs with water and 2 teaspoons of vinegar. Once water comes to a boil, cook for 2 minutes. Remove pot from heat. Let sit for 12 minutes.