I different spin on the all american comfort food, the topping of this deep dish mushroom madness has the comfort cornered in the awesome pie! This pie will hug you back!
Deep Dish Mushroom Madness Pizza
- Servings: 2-4
- Prep Time: 12 min
- Cooking Time: 20 min
- 1 (¼ ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour-extra if needed
- 2 Tablespoons corn meal
- 20 ounces of baby bella mushrooms-stemmed and wiped cleaned with towel
- ¼ cup beef broth
- ¼ cup dry red wine
- ⅛ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried parley
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 7-10 Small ripe tomatoes
- ½ pound shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Dissolve yeast in warm water; add salt, 2 teaspoons olive oil, and 2 ½ cup flour. Mix with stand mixer with hook attachment; blend on low until dough comes together (about a minute or two). Add more flour if dough is too wet, when dough pulls from the bowl, the dough is ready. Remove dough and place dough into a large bowl with 1 tablespoons olive oil, turn to coat dough with oil and cover with kitchen towel and set in a draft free warm place for an hour to rise.
- Preheat oven to 450 Degrees.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place a 16 “pizza pan into preheated oven until pan is very hot.
- Punch down dough. Stretch dough to the size of your pan (use flour if dough is sticky), pinching the dough about an inch in around the outer edge of the dough to create crust. Take out hot pizza pan, sprinkle with corn meal and place dough onto hot pizza pan, with a fork pierce all around the middle of the dough. Place into oven on medium rack and bake for about 10-15 minutes or until crispy and slightly browned. Take out of oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile; sauté mushrooms in a large skillet on medium heat until mushrooms start to soften (about 3 minutes). Add in broth, wine, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper. Continue to cook until almost all liquid has been reduced (about 4-5 minutes). Add in tomatoes and cook another minute or two or until tomatoes start to soften and all liquid has been absorbed.
- In a small bowl mix together oil, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Place cheese evenly onto the middle of prepared pizza dough, top cheese with mushroom mixture and place in oven, cook until cheese has melted and dough is almost browed (about 10 minutes). Pull out pizza, blot with paper towel if mushrooms release water, and brush the entire top of pizza with olive oil mixture. Place pizza back into the oven and cook for another couple of minutes or until crust is browned and crispy. Serve and Enjoy!