Crunchy granola cups made with oats can be filled with your favorites like yogurt, fresh fruit and mint.
Crunchy Oat Granola Cups
- Servings: 1 piece
- Yield: 12
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cooking Time: 2 hr
- ½ cup raw or brown sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 2 cups regular oats
- 1.5 cups wheat flakes
- ½ cup wheat germ
- ½ cup coconut
- 2 Tbs chia
- yogurt and fruit for filling
- Combine sugar, water, oil, salt and almond extract into a bowl and mix until the sugar is somewhat dissolved.
- Add in oats, wheat germ, wheat flakes, coconut, and chia seeds and mix with the liquid until fully covered.
- Separate the wet granola into 12 standard muffin cups, pressing the mixture up to the sides to make a well in each cup.
- Bake at 200F for 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Remove the cups carefully from the tin once they've cooled. They are rather delicate.
- Load up each one with your favorite yogurt and fruit toppings. Serve immediately as the yogurt will cause the granola cup to soften.
I repurposed my Grammy's Oat Crunch Granola and turned it into individual serving cups that can be loaded with things like yogurt, cottage cheese, fresh fruit and herbs. In springtime, select colorful fruits and serve these at a brunch party where guests can assemble their own or select from an assortment. Your guests will love the extra crunch in the cup.
Original recipe at http://joaniesimon.com/crunchy-oat-granola-cups-wi...
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!