A mouthwatering combination of lean turkey tenderloins with crunchy kale and Brussels sprouts with the subtle sweetness of raisins and plums and the perfect texture of caraway seeds and toasted pecans tossed in a light dressing on top of hearty whole wheat bread. A quick, easy, healthy and delicious lunch for the whole family to enjoy!
Crunchy Fruity Veggie Turkey Salad
- Servings: ½ sandwich
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 15 min
- 3 cups cooked and cubed lean turkey tenderloins
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped kale
- 2 cups chopped Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons dark raisins
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon chopped shallot
- 1 cup chopped red plums
- ⅓ cup chopped toasted pecans
- 6 slices 100% Hearty Whole Wheat Bread
- ¾ cup light mayonnaise
- 1 ½ teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In medium bowl, add in cubed turkey and toss with salt and pepper, set aside.
- In large bowl, add in kale, Brussels sprouts, raisins, caraway seeds and shallot, mix to incorporate. Add turkey to veggie mixture along with plums and chopped pecans, incorporate.
- In small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar and honey. Pour over salad and mix thoroughly.
- Divide salad evenly to make 3 sandwiches, then cut into halves to make 6 servings.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!