Crock Pot Quinoa Curry is a quick and easy, hearty and healthy meal that will warm you from the inside out.
Crock Pot Quinoa Curry
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 6 hr
- 4 C winter squash, cubed (blue hubbard, acorn, or butternut)
- 1 Spanish onion, diced
- 1 28 oz can San Marzano tomatoes, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 C red quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 C vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp red Thai curry powder (use paste if you can't find powder)
- 1 tsp dry garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 C canned coconut milk
- 4 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Cube your squash, dice your onions, chop your tomatoes, rinse your quinoa, measure out your spices, and throw it all into a crock pot.
- Add your vegetable broth, give everything a stir, put a lid on your crock pot and set it to medium heat. At this point you can forget about it for 6 hours. Perhaps go to work, run some errands, or stare at the wall (I don't recommend this).
- After 6 hours, turn the crock pot heat down to "keep warm" and stir in 1 C of coconut milk. At this point dinner is ready to be served. Let it be noted, never, ever put coconut milk into a crock pot until your are ready to serve. I've seen and tried many recipes on Pinterest that recommend adding the coconut milk at the beginning of the recipe. Unless you have fake coconut milk, it will separate, curdle, and become just plain nasty if it reaches too high of a heat! Don't curdle your coconut milk!
- To serve, dish into a favorite bowl, spritz with a wedge of fresh lemon, and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp of unsweetened shredded coconut.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!