There are those recipes that are passed down from generation to generation. This Crock Pot Pot Roast recipe is one of those from my family. I'm so glad that I was able to recreate this recipe in my own home before our "Betty Boop" passed away from lung cancer. It was one she would welcome us into their home with after a 7 hour drive getting to them!
Crock-Pot Pot Roast Recipe
- Yield: 6
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cooking Time: 6 hr
- Chuck Roast or Stewed Beef
- 1 onion, quartered
- 4-6 Whole Carrots, quartered
- 4-6 Stalks Celery, chunks
- 1 Packet Liption Onion Soup (Blue Box)
- 1 Beer (Whatever you have on hand will work, I use Yuengling or Coors Light)
- 1-2 C Water
- In a large skillet brown the outside of the beef. You want a nice sear.
- While roast is getting a nice crust place onion, carrots, celery, soup and beer into the crock pot.
- Turn your slow cooker to low. (Don't forget this step....I have more times than I care to admit!)
- Once your meat has finished browning place meat into crock pot. If you are using a roast place the fat side up.
- Add enough water so that the meat is submerged.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low.
- *You can also let a entire roast cook over night. I actually prefer it that way because the meat is so soft and buttery.
- Serve over mashed potatoes and a dinner roll or side salad for a complete meal.
Now I may be a little bit weird, but, I serve this Crock-Pot Pot Roast recipe with Mashed Potatoes. I don't like big chunks of potato in my pot roast.
I invite you over to MyHeavenlyRecipes.com to grab my Magical Mashed Potatoes recipe and for other Heavenly Recipes that involve 30 minutes or less of your time. Each recipe has been Kid Tested & Husband Approved!