Easy and delicious panko-crusted chicken that the whole family will love.
Crispy Oven-Baked Fennel Chicken
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cooking Time: 40 min
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 1 ½ cups Italian seasoned panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon whole fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- vegetable oil, for pan
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly coat with vegetable oil. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl add the seasoned panko bread crumbs and whole fennel seed. Mix to incorporate.
- Place the chicken on the prepared baking sheet. Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Using a pasty brush, lightly coat both sides of the chicken with Dijon mustard.
- Dredge the chicken in the panko bread crumbs to coat, pressing gently to help the breadcrumbs adhere. Place the breaded chicken thighs back onto the baking sheet.
- When ready to bake, drizzle the chicken with the olive oil.
- Cook for about 40-50 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken thighs. Flip the chicken halfway through to get golden color on both sides.