Snack on these crispy baked sweet potato chips at any time.
Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Chips
- Yield: 3-4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 45 min
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- With the skin on, slice the sweet potatoes into thin round slices about ⅛ inch thick. It is recommended that you use a mandoline to slice the potatoes instead of a knife since all of the slices will be cut evenly.
- Put the potatoes in a large bowl. Add olive oil and toss until all of the pieces are evenly coated.
- Put the potato slices on a large perforated baking sheet in a single layer. You can also use a baking sheet with a cooling rack in the baking sheet as well. Either way you need to allow the heat to get to the bottom of the potato slices so they come out crispy.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes flipping the slices and rotating the baking sheet after 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle some salt over the chips.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes until they are crisp.
- Serve with your favorite dip.
Read the original blog post here.