Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Happiest Holidays

Cranberry Orange Cookies

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

The trees are decorated, the stockings are hung and now it’s time for one of my favorite parts of the holiday season, baking. Cranberry and orange are two of my favorite seasonal flavors, but they’re more often found in breads and cakes, not cookies. I took the same flavors from my favorite cranberry orange bread and created a cookie that is truly out of this world. A sweet glaze, that is packed with orange zest tops these cookies for even more flavor.

Cranberry Orange Cookies

Ingredients

• 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • ½ cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
  • 2 tablespoons orange juice
  • 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups chopped cranberries
  • ½ teaspoon grated orange zest
  • 3 tablespoons orange juice
  • 1 ½ cups confectioners’ sugar

Preparation

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
  2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg until well blended. Mix in 1 teaspoon orange zest and 2 tablespoons orange juice. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the orange mixture. Mix in cranberries until evenly distributed. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Cookies should be spaced at least 2 inches apart.
  3. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges are golden. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
  4. In a small bowl, mix together ½ teaspoon orange zest, 3 tablespoons orange juice and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Spread over the tops of cooled cookies. Let stand until set.

Recipe Tags

This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!