How to make warm, sweet and savory corn pancakes from a few simple ingredients.
- Servings: 1
- Yield: 5 corn cakes
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 4 min
- ½ cup cornmeal
- 6 Tablespoons Gold Medal flour
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Powder sugar as needed
- Olive oil for cooking
- 9" cast-iron pan
- Fold ingredients accordingly
- Preheat pan
- Drizzle olive oil around pan
- Use a tall cup to pour batter into pan
- Cook the cakes about 2 to 3 minutes on each side
- Remove and sprinkle powder sugar on corn cakes
1. Fold ingredients just until mixed. Over mixing makes pancakes like cement. Because, it over works gluten forming proteins.
2. Don't let batter sit. This makes pancakes tough.
3. Stir that batter from bottom up one time in between each pancake.
4. Use a drop of olive oil in pan with each pancake.
5. Buy high-grade olive oil.
6. These corn cakes are thick and dense.
Recipes you will love!