A cookie within a cookie. It doesn't get much better than that! I've perfected this recipe over the years. They're always a hit! And who doesn't love cookies?
Cookies and Cream Cookies
- Servings: 2 cookies
- Yield: about 4 dozen
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cooking Time: 10 min
- 2 ¼ c. all purpose flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. salt
- 1 c. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ c. granulated (white) sugar
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2T milk
- 1 c. crushed chocolate sandwich cookies (about 10 Oreos)
- 1 c. white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the chocolate sandwich cookies into a storage bag and crush them into medium to large chunks. Note: Small pieces and crumbs will result in grey cookies.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. In a large bowl cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract. Mixture will be light and fluffy. Add the egg and egg yolk one at a time, mixing well after each. Gradually add the dry ingredients and milk to the wet until well combined. Be careful not to over mix your dough.
- Stir in the crushed cookies and white chocolate chips. Refrigerate the dough for 1 hour to firm up.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet. Tip: Using a cookie scoop will result in more even sized cookies. Also, lining your baking sheet with baking parchment ensures there will be no sticking.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cookies are lightly browned at the edges. Cooking times vary from oven to oven so test the first batch and adjust the time accordingly.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes, and then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Enjoy!