This orange chicken is amazing. I can't even begin to express how amazing it is. There is a secret, well not exactly a secret, but a special ingredient that takes it from good to WOW. Want to know what that special ingredient is? It's coconut oil. Now you don't have to use coconut oil, you can use whatever oil you like. But take my word for it, if you want the WOW factor use coconut oil.
Coconut Oil Orange Chicken
- 3 T. coconut oil
- 4 boneless chicken breasts or 5-6 thighs, cut up
- 1 sweet onion, cut into wedges
- 1-2 cups baby carrots, sliced lengthwise
- 1 C. orange juice
- 1 ½ T. soy sauce
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 T. brown sugar
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Fresh ground pepper, optional
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- Combine orange juice, soy sauce, salt, garlic, brown sugar and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok. Then add chicken, onion, and carrots. Cook for a few minutes, then add the mushrooms. Continue cooking, stirring frequently until chicken is cooked through. Add some freshly ground pepper while cooking if you like.
- Add sauce and cook until sauce thickens and begins to bubble.
- Serve over hot cooked rice or noodles.
From my blog http://homeecathome.com