Weather you are looking for a meal, or just some comfort food. This hearty soup fits the bill.
Chris' famous white bean chicken chili
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cooking Time: 30 min
- 1 pound Boneless chicken breasts
- 3 15-oz cans Cannellini Beans
- 1 large Onion
- 6 large Garlic cloves
- 1 can Chicken broth
- 1 7-oz can Diced Green Chilies
- 1 pint Whipping cream
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Anise seed
- 1 teaspoon Dried Red Pepper
- Fresh Cilantro; chopped
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese; Grated
- Chop onion and garlic.
- Cut up chicken in to "bite"size pieces
- In a large frying pan, Saute onions, garlic, cumin, oregano, anise seed and dried red pepper in olive oil for 10 mins. ( I use a little bit more than these amounts for flavor)
- Remove spices and add chicken and saute for another 5 minutes or until fully cooked
- Add the onion garlic spice mixture back in the pan and mix with the chicken to coat and flavor first
- Add chicken and beans (with liquid), broth, chilies and cream into a pot and simmer until chicken is tender about 10 mins.
- Top with cheese and cilantro
- Serve with corn tortilla chips
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!