This cheesecake incorporates mascarpone cheese into the filling to make a creamy version of this classic dessert. It's irresistible!
Chocolate Chip Tiramisu CheesecakePrep Time: 30 min Cooking Time: 1 hr
- One 7-ounce package crisp Italian-style ladyfingers, coarsely chopped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1-½ pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1-¼ cups mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Boiling water
- Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- Wrap the outside of a 9-inch springform pan with foil and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Using a food processor, grind the ladyfingers into fine crumbs.
- Add the butter and espresso and pulse until incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and press to form a crust halfway up the side of the pan.
- Bake until set, 8 to 10 minutes; let cool.
- Lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese on high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Gradually beat in the sugar at high speed until smooth.
- Beat in the mascarpone, vanilla and salt.
- Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Set the springform pan in a roasting pan.
- Pour the mascarpone-chocolate chip mixture into the baked crust, then place the roasting pan in the oven.
- Pour enough boiling water into the roasting pan to reach halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake until the top is golden and the center is set by still jiggly, about 1 hour.
- Let cool in the water bath for 15 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Refrigerate for 6 hours or up to 2 days.
- Remove the cheesecake from the springform pan.
- . In a small, heatproof bowl, melt the remaining ¾ cup chocolate chips in the microwave at low power, stirring until smooth.
- Transfer the chocolate to a resealable plastic bag.
- Snip a hole in the corner of the bag and drizzle the chocolate over the cake.