The ULTIMATE pumpkin roll with the addition of chocolate! One of my all time favorite recipes for the holidays is this Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Roll. It is definitely a family favorite. Pumpkin roll is such a great traditional type dessert but this year try adding a little chocolate to it!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Roll
- 2 eggs
- 5 oz sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅔ cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In mixing bowl, mix the eggs, sour cream, sugar and pumpkin together.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Slowly add to mixing bowl on medium till all incorporated.
- Pour into prepared cookie sheet, spread out and bake for 15 minutes.
- Take a dish towel that is the size of the cake. Cover with ½ cup powdered sugar.
- When cake is done and cooled for about 2 minutes. Removing from pan lay cake onto the dish towel. Starting at one end, roll the cake into the dish towel.
- Place in refrigerator to cool for an hour.
- Prepare filling by mixing butter, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla together. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Take roll out of refrigerator, unroll. Spread icing onto cake. Roll the cake back up without the dish towel and refrigerator for 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, melt 1 cup of mini chocolate chips over a double boiler. Spoon melted chocolate into a piping bag to pipe decorations. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips. ENJOY!