A sweet twist on healthy hummus to satisfy the sweet tooth without the guilt.
Chocolate Chip Hummus
- 11oz dried garbanzo beans
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbs honey
- ½ cup creamy peanut or almond butter
- ¼ tsp dried ground ginger
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbs confectioners sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Tbs oil
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- ½ cup water
- 6 oz mini chocolate chips
- Cover 11 oz dried garbanzo beans with water so fully submerged and add 1 tsp baking soda. Allow to soak 6 to 8 hours.
- Drain the soaking beans and add them to a pressure cooker with 1 cup water and 1 tsp baking soda and cook on high for 8 minutes. *if you don't have a pressure cooker, boil in a pot on high for 20 to 40 minutes until soft and slightly over cooked, but not too mushy
- Add the beans to a food processor with honey, peanut butter, ginger, vanilla, sugar, salt, oil and lemon juice, slowly adding in water until the hummus it the consistency you like.
- Mix chocolate chips in by hand and garnish with additional chips on top.
- Serve with graham crackers and/or fruit
Visit http://joaniesimon.com/chocolate-chip-cookie-desse... for full printable version of this recipe!