A biscuit with a little kick, filled with lean pastrami, thinly sliced ham, a runny egg and Muenster cheese.
Chipotle Cheddar Biscuits with Pastrami, Ham, Egg and Even More Cheese
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour, plus more for kneading
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ cup chives
- 1 stick salted butter, at room temp, cut into small pieces
- ¾ cup sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- Large eggs
- Pastrami, thinly sliced
- Ham, thinly sliced
- Muenster cheese, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Begin making biscuits by combining flour, baking powder salt and chives.
- Add butter, cheese and buttermilk and combine thoroughly. Cover with a dish towel and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Add 2 tbsp butter to cast iron skillet (or pan) and then add heaping spoonfulls of dough to skillet, allowing them to touch.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown, remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Make eggs by bringing a pat of butter over medium heat, crack an egg over the butter and when the "white" of the egg starts to white add a tbsp of water and cover. Let it steam for about a minute or two until the yolk starts to whiten; remove from heat.
- Split biscuits, add pastrami, ham, Muenster cheese and egg. Serve.