How to make a mouthwatering super-simple Chimichurri Sauce and Steak!
Chimichurri Sauce with Steak
- 1 cup (packed) fresh Italian parsley
- ¼ cup (packed) fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- ¾ teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 3-4 pound steak (I suggest Skirt Steak, Flank Steak, Tri-Tip, Beef Flanken Style Short Ribs or Beef Tenderloin)
- Olive Oil for Cooking steak
- Salt and pepper for seasoning steak
- Video Tutorial Below!
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor (except steak, vinegar and oil) and pulse until roughly chopped.
- Add vinegar and oil and pulse until combined.
- Thin with a little water if necessary.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate. (Makes 1 ½ cups and can be made one day ahead)
- Prepare steak to your liking.
- Serve with Chimichurri Sauce at room temperature.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!