How to make a mouthwatering super-simple Chimichurri Sauce and Steak!
Chimichurri Sauce with Steak
- 1 cup (packed) fresh Italian parsley
- ¼ cup (packed) fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- ¾ teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 3-4 pound steak (I suggest Skirt Steak, Flank Steak, Tri-Tip, Beef Flanken Style Short Ribs or Beef Tenderloin)
- Olive Oil for Cooking steak
- Salt and pepper for seasoning steak
- Video Tutorial Below!
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor (except steak, vinegar and oil) and pulse until roughly chopped.
- Add vinegar and oil and pulse until combined.
- Thin with a little water if necessary.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate. (Makes 1 ½ cups and can be made one day ahead)
- Prepare steak to your liking.
- Serve with Chimichurri Sauce at room temperature.