Surprise your family tonight with this easy to make Asian chicken dish!
Chicken Thighs in Black Bean Sauce
- Yield: 4-8 servings
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cooking Time: 25 min
- 1 15.5 ounce can Black Beans
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 8 boneless, skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Grated Ginger
- 4 tablespoons Black Bean Sauce with Garlic*
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce*
- 2 tablespoons Oyster Sauce*
- 3 tablespoons Corn Starch
- 1 cup Shiitake Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 8 ounce can Sliced Water Chestnuts, drained
- 1 bag Thin Rice Noodles*
- ½ cup Roasted Peanuts, chopped
- ½ cup Scallions, thin sliced on the bias
- *items can be found in the Asian section of most grocery stores.
- 1.Over a medium bowl, strain the black beans with a mesh strainer reserving liquid; set aside.
- 2.Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large, heavy sauté pan. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper and brown in oil; remove to a sheet pan and set aside. Reduce heat to medium and cook onion until just tender. Add ginger and cook for 30 seconds more. Add the black bean sauce and continue to cook for 2-3 more minutes until very fragrant. Deglaze the pan with the strained black bean liquid and chicken stock, scraping up brown bits and bean sauces. Add chicken thighs and any juices that may have accumulated and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover loosely and simmer until chicken is just cooked through; about 15-18 minutes.
- 3.In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, oyster sauce, and corn starch: stir until smooth. Add to the chicken mixture and stir until sauce begins to thicken. Stir in the black beans, mushrooms, red bell pepper, and water chestnuts; keep warm
- 4.In a large heat proof bowl, pour boiling water over the rice noodles and let sit 10 minutes; drain well.
- 5.Divide noodles between bowls. Spoon sauce over noodles and top with chicken thighs and some more sauce. Garnish with peanuts and scallions.