One - Pan, Family Dinner!
Chicken Spaghetti Bake
- Servings: 1 chicken breast
- Yield: 6
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cooking Time: 1 hr
- 1 lb. (16 oz) whole wheat spaghetti (not thin), cooked Al dente then drained and rinsed under cold water.
- 26 oz. jar tomato spaghetti sauce
- 6 chicken breasts with ribs (bone), skin removed
- 6 - 12 slices Mozzarella or Provolone cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Dried oregano leaves, optional
- 1 bagged salad kit
- Combine the cooked spaghetti with about half of the spaghetti sauce in a large roasting pan (or casserole dish).
- Arrange the chicken breasts in a single layer on top of the spaghetti mixture in the pan.
- Pour and spread the remaining spaghetti sauce over the tops of the chicken breasts.
- Cover and place the pan in a 350F oven for 45 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove pan from oven and carefully remove lid, top each chicken breast with 1 - 2 slices of cheese.
- Sprinkle the very tops with Parmesan cheese and oregano.
- Return pan to the oven, uncovered for an additional 10 - 15 minutes until the cheese is melting and turning a golden color.
- Let stand at room temperature for 5 - 10 minutes then serve with the salad!