Crispy chicken cutlets are topped with a refreshing light and tasty salad to create the ultimate healthy weeknight dinner. Easy to make, Chicken Milanese with Artichokes, Kalamata Olives and Maple Dijon Dressing will soon be a regular in your weeknight meal planning. The full recipe can be found on The Suburban Soapbox.
- 3 boneless, skinless NatureRaised Farms chicken breasts, thawed
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups spring mix salad
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup chopped canned artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced kalamata pitted olives
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 pepperoncini
- For the dressing:
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place one chicken breast in a zip top bag and close tightly. Pound the chicken breast until it’s about 1/2 inch thick. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining breasts.
- Add the flour, salt, pepper and onion powder to a shallow bowl. Whisk to combine. Add the eggs to a second shallow bowl and beat lightly. Add the panko to a third shallow bowl and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a large frying pan over medium heat. Dredge one chicken breast in the flour, the egg and then the panko. Place the chicken in the pan and repeat with the remaining chicken. Cook each breast until golden brown, approximately 3-4 minutes and then turn over using a spatula. Cook the other side until golden brown and then transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment or foil. Bake the chicken for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the chicken is baking, whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, syrup, olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place each chicken breast on a plate and top with 1 cup of salad greens. Divide the tomatoes, artichoke hearts, olives and cheese evenly among each plate. Top each with one pepperoncini and drizzle with the dressing. Serve immediately.