Chicken EnchiladasPrep Time: 30 Cooking Time: 40 min
- Large cast-iron pan
- 4 large Anaheim chilis, charred and diced. 3 for filling - 1 for topping
- 6 Roma tomatoes diced. 3 for filling - 3 for topping
- 1 large yellow onion, diced and sauteed - Filling
- 4 large chicken breasts, cooked and diced - Filling. See 'how-to" below!
- 2 - 6 Oz containers of Einstein Brother's cream cheese - Filling
- 2 bunch green onions, chopped. 1 for filling - 1 for topping
- 1 (16 Oz) container of sour cream - Topping
- Shredded Mexican cheese as desired for topping.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix chilis, tomatoes, onion, chicken, cream cheese and green onions.
- In separate bowl - Mix remaining tomatoes, chilis and sour cream, set aside
- Wrap tortillas in paper towel. Microwave 15 seconds
- Put chicken mixture in center of tortillas, roll and place seam side down in Large cast-iron skillet.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover and pour sour cream mix over enchiladas. Top with Mexican cheese. Bake 10 minutes and remove from oven. Garnish with green onions.
- Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.
- IMPORTANT: Scroll down the entire page for key "How-To" tips.
3. Use a large cast-iron pan to cook the chicken. Once you have done this, no need to clean it. You want to use this pan to place the prepared enchiladas in. The flavor bits from the cooked chicken will elevate flavor... Yum, yum!
NOTE: Cast-iron pans are inexpensive. You can a 15" for about $20.00
5. If you are heat sensitive, use 1 less chili in dish.
6. Store bought cream cheese will work. Use my recommendation of Einstein Brothers for maximum flavor.
7. How to char roast. Use a cast-iron pan. Place a piece of foil in the pan. Preheat pan on medium high. Place chili peppers on top of foil. Rotate chilis. Char until they collapse and turn dark.
Times will vary. Once done, lift foil from pan. Close foil with chilis inside. Let them steam, 15 minutes. Remove chilis and pull the char black off as much as possible. Chop chilis for dish.
Always preheat your oven 1/2 for any food. Your oven will read at 350, before the entire oven is heated to 350.
Need help? Ask Mama G. Just reach out to me on my Facebook Fanpage. I will always respond to your questions.
"Happy Food To Eat"
Love, Mama G
What is this? Um... Just the best tasting enchilada filling in the entire world.
Yum, what is this? Place the mixture into the middle of tortillas, roll and tuck. Place seam down into pan.
Oh my gosh... What is this? This is the cast-iron pan I cooked the chicken in. You will set the rolled enchiladas right on top of the flavor bits. Oh! Yeah!
What is this? This cream cheese is light. This is what I had on hand. For maximum results I recommend non-light. Go for the fat in the cream cheese, my loves. Adds richness.