Make taco night healthier with this recipe that makes the crock pot do the hard work.
Chicken Burrito Bowls
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1.5 pounds of skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1.5 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup organic corn
- 3 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Grease bottom and side of crock pot with coconut oil
- Place chicken breasts on the bottom of the crock pot and add the chicken broth
- Combine the tomatoes and spices in a small bowl and mix well. Add to crock pot
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours
- Add the black beans and corn for an additional 30 minutes.
- Shred chicken into bite-sized pieces with two forks. (You can do this in the crock pot)
- Serve in bowls
- Add desired toppings like avocado, goat cheese, cilantro and a squeeze of lime
Greek Yogurt is a great substitution for sour cream as a topping. If you don't want to serve it in bowls, I suggest serving it in blue corn taco shells.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!