Make taco night healthier with this recipe that makes the crock pot do the hard work.
Chicken Burrito Bowls
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1.5 pounds of skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1.5 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup organic corn
- 3 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Grease bottom and side of crock pot with coconut oil
- Place chicken breasts on the bottom of the crock pot and add the chicken broth
- Combine the tomatoes and spices in a small bowl and mix well. Add to crock pot
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours
- Add the black beans and corn for an additional 30 minutes.
- Shred chicken into bite-sized pieces with two forks. (You can do this in the crock pot)
- Serve in bowls
- Add desired toppings like avocado, goat cheese, cilantro and a squeeze of lime
Greek Yogurt is a great substitution for sour cream as a topping. If you don't want to serve it in bowls, I suggest serving it in blue corn taco shells.