How to make the most amazing Chicken and Dumpling Drop Soup with 5 simple ingredients!
Chicken and Dumpling Soup
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 quarts of chicken broth
- Video Tutorial Below!
- In a bowl, beat eggs by hand.
- Add in ¾ cup flour and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Vigorously mix the ingredients by hand until there are no lumps.
- Add 1 tablespoon water and mix.
- Bring to boil 2 quarts of chicken broth.
- Holding the bowl at an angle over the broth scoop 1 teaspoon mix at a time and drop in broth until all the batter is gone.
- Simmer 30 minutes. Enjoy with hard crusted bread.
#1 - Take a small spoon, dip it in the hot broth, then scoop out a spoonful of batter and put the spoon back into the broth so the batter drops into the soup. This creates a gnocchi-like dumpling.
#2 - The kids in my family love to take more of the Spatzele approach by dipping the spoon into the batter and then drizzling the batter over the hot broth to create long strips of dumpling.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!