Filled with all the flavors of traditional Monterey Chicken, this casserole takes just minutes to prepare. Instant rice, rotisserie chicken, and pre-cooked bacon are layered with bbq sauce, green onions, cheese, and tomatoes making a quick and easy meal that everyone in the family will go crazy for!
Cheesy Monterey Chicken BakePrep Time: 10 min Cooking Time: 20 min
- 2 cups Minute rice
- 1 cup water
- 4 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup spicy bbq sauce
- 1 cup chopped, pre-cooked bacon
- 2 cups shredded colby-jack cheese
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ½ cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread rice in bottom of 1 ½ quart baking dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together water, Worcestershire sauce, lime juice, soy sauce, mustard and garlic. Pour over rice and stir.
- Top rice with chicken and spread bbq sauce evenly over chicken. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until bubbly around the edges. Remove from oven.
- Top casserole with bacon, cheese and green onions. Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven, top with tomatoes, and serve.