This easy, one-pot dinner is a copy of the popular Hamburger Helper version. Cheeseburger Macaroni Skillet uses “from scratch” ingredients to recreate this classic comfort dish in minutes. Flavorful and kid-approved, this is clean eating at it’s finest.
Cheeseburger Macaroni Skillet
- Servings: 1 cup
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cooking Time: 25 min
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 vidalia onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 ½ cups chicken stock
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 5 slices american cheese, cut into small pieces
- In a large skillet over med-high heat, brown the ground beef until completely cooked and no longer pink. Transfer to a bowl using a slotted spoon and drain off all but 2 tablespoons of fat.
- Add the onion to the pan and sauté until softened. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Return the beef to the pan. Stir in the milk, chicken stock and macaroni. Bring the mixture to a boil and then turn to heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the macaroni is tender.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese until melted. Serve immediately.