This easy, one-pot dinner is a copy of the popular Hamburger Helper version. Cheeseburger Macaroni Skillet uses “from scratch” ingredients to recreate this classic comfort dish in minutes. Flavorful and kid-approved, this is clean eating at it’s finest.
Cheeseburger Macaroni Skillet
- Servings: 1 cup
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cooking Time: 25 min
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 vidalia onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 ½ cups chicken stock
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 5 slices american cheese, cut into small pieces
- In a large skillet over med-high heat, brown the ground beef until completely cooked and no longer pink. Transfer to a bowl using a slotted spoon and drain off all but 2 tablespoons of fat.
- Add the onion to the pan and sauté until softened. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Return the beef to the pan. Stir in the milk, chicken stock and macaroni. Bring the mixture to a boil and then turn to heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the macaroni is tender.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese until melted. Serve immediately.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!