This focaccia is winner, winner, chicken dinner without the chicken. It is SO simple to throw together and it's easily customized given your cheeseburger preferences. The focaccia is chewy and crispy and flavorful. I topped it a smidge of mustard, plump cherry tomatoes, sweet red onion slivers, spicy arugula, zesty dill pickles, sharp cheddar cheese, and good ol' hamburger. It. Is. So. Good.
Cheeseburger FocacciaCooking Time: 30 min
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups warm water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 packet of dry active yeast
- Ground mustard
- Cherry tomatoes
- Cheddar Cheese
- Dill Pickles
- Sliced red onions
- 1 pound ground hamburger, browned
- In the a bowl, mix the first 7 ingredients together. Knead for a few minutes.
- Lightly oil a large bowl. Scrape the dough into a ball and place in the bowl. Cover and let rise for an hour or so.
- Punch down the dough. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a rectangle as large or as small as you like. The larger, the thinner. The smaller, the thicker. Place the rectangle onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Let rise for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Lightly brush olive oil onto the top of the focaccia dough.
- Starting with the mustard, spread it all over the dough. And then, start loading it up! You really can do no wrong here. Like extra cheese? Bring it on. Hate pickles? Leave 'em out.
- Bake until the edges are nicely browned and crispy, roughly 30 minutes. Let cool. Slice it up.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!