Everyone knows that I am a "Burger Guru", so I had to find a way to make my favorite cheeseburger into a slow cooker dip for game day. The best part? You don't need to cook your ground beef ahead of time. You can simply add the beef (fresh or frozen) to the slow cooker and let it do all the work. The only thing you need to do is add ¼ cup of water for every pound of ground beef. I like to use a extra lean ground beef because you won't drain the beef. The leaner the beef, the less grease in your dip. I used a 96/4 ratio and had no extra pooling of grease. If you go with an 80/20, you'll have some extra grease in your dip. (But just remember....fat is flavor!) Heat this dip for 3-4 hours on high (3 hours is beef is fresh - 4 hours if frozen) or 7-8 hours on low (7 hours if fresh and 8 hours if frozen).
Cheddar Cheeseburger Deluxe DipPrep Time: 5 min Cooking Time: 4 hr
- 1 pound extra - lean ground beef (fresh or frozen)
- 1 small onion, diced
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- ¼ cup dill relish (or finely chopped dill pickles with some juice)
- 2- 8 ounce packages cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional - shredded lettuce and tomatoes to garnish while serving
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 7-8 hours. Take a spatula to the beef and break apart during the cooking process or at the end. Make sure to stir well at the end to incorporate all the ingredients together. Enjoy!
Feel free to serve with chips or crackers. Another ideas is to double the beef in this recipe and add the mixture to dinner rolls and hamburger buns, it is similar in texture to a sloppy joe. It can be a Cheddar Cheeseburger Joe.
If you have leftovers after game day, make a tater tot cheeseburger casserole. Simply add cooked tater tots to the bottom of a casserole dish, spread the dip over the tots, then add some cooked bacon bits and some shredded cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes. This is another game day favorite!
Tater tot cheeseburger dip!
Add this dip to some waffle fries, yum!