Baked potatoes play the leading role in this easy recipe. Homemade cheddar sauce is made in minutes and then used as a sauce to top off crispy skinned stuffed potatoes. Cheddar Broccoli and Chicken Stuffed Baked Potatoes are a great way to mix up your usual “meat and potatoes” dinner. The full recipe can be found on The Suburban Soapbox.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Yield: 3 servings
Serving Size: 1 potato
- 3 russet potatoes, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cup low fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup shredded white sharp cheddar
- 3 slices american cheese
- 2 cups cooked broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken breast
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with the olive oil and salt to coat. Place the potatoes directly on the baking rack and bake for 50-60 minutes or until done.
- While the potatoes are cooking, melt the butter in a medium sauce pan and whisk in the cornstarch. Cook the mixture until it starts to turn golden and then slowly whisk in the milk. Stir in the garlic powder, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Cook the mixture until it begins to thicken, approximately 3-4 minutes. Add both cheeses and stir until smooth.
- Transfer the potatoes to a serving platter and slice down the middle being careful to not cut all the way through. Pinch the sides of the potato at each end of the slit and press to open. Season the inside of the potato with salt and pepper if desired. Stuff the potato with the chicken and broccoli and top with cheese sauce. Serve immediately.