This is a great noodle dish that can be made with gluten free noodles and is naturally vegan. Packed with fresh veggies and a creamy cashew sauce - it's perfect to take to work for lunch!
Cashew Noodle Salad with Veggies
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cooking Time: 10 min
- Cashew Sauce
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup raw cashews + more to toast for topping the final dish
- 1 tb grated ginger
- 4 small/medium garlic cloves
- 2 Tb honey
- ¼ cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp pepper
- Noodles & Fresh Toppings
- 1 9.5oz package of soba noodles (or other noodle of choice)
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 cup pea pods
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- Cashew Sauce
- In a small cuisinart, finely mince garlic.
- Add all of the sauce ingredients except the cashews and blend until combined.
- Then add the raw cashews and blend until smooth or mostly smooth.
- Let the sauce sit while you prepare the noodles and veggies. You will blend it again right before mixing it with the noodles.
- Prepare noodles according to package instruction. Drain and set aside.
- Lightly toast a handful of cashews to top each noodle dish. Toast at 350F for about 5 min.
- Prepare all the fresh toppings.
- Toss noodles in sauce and add toppings.
- Season with salt, pepper and more sriracha if you prefer.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- See the recipe at http://oatandsesame.com/2016/04/cashew-noodle-salad-with-veggies/
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!