Butternut squash souffle is a light and fluffy side dish to add to your holiday table. Flavored with vanilla and lemon, it’s an unexpected taste your guests will enjoy.
Butternut Squash Souffle
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cooking Time: 35 min
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 2 ½ cups butternut squash puree
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- ¼ cup grated Asiago cheese, plus more for the top
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla paste
- ¼ teaspoon lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease three 10-ounce ramekins or souffle pans. Place on a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, stir together egg yolks, squash puree, melted butter, asiago cheese, salt, black pepper, vanilla paste, and lemon extract. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, whip egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into the squash mixture until no white streaks remain.
- Divided batter among prepared dishes.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until puffed and tops are browned. They will deflate once removed from the oven, so serve immediately.