If you like meatballs and buffalo chicken wings, then you should try my healthy quinoa bites. They are a great swap! These quinoa bites are an easy way to indulge in your favorite flavors, but without the extra calories.
Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Bites over Honey Mustard - Apricot Arugula
- Servings: 1 ball
- Yield: 12 balls
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 20 min
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (I used red quinoa)
- ½ cup cooked chicken, shredded
- ⅓ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup buffalo wing sauce, divided
- 2 ounces feta cheese or blue cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 cup arugula
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add the quinoa, chicken, breadcrumbs, parmesan, egg, ½ of the buffalo sauce, feta, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop mixture and form into 1 ½ - 2 " balls and place on baking sheet at least 1" apart. Bake for 13-15 minutes then drizzle on the rest of buffalo sauce and heat in oven for another 1-2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the apricot preserves, vinegar, honey and mustard. Add arugula and toss together.
- To plate, add arugula mixture to serving dish then top with the quinoa bites.