If you like meatballs and buffalo chicken wings, then you should try my healthy quinoa bites. They are a great swap! These quinoa bites are an easy way to indulge in your favorite flavors, but without the extra calories.
Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Bites over Honey Mustard - Apricot Arugula
- Servings: 1 ball
- Yield: 12 balls
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 20 min
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (I used red quinoa)
- ½ cup cooked chicken, shredded
- ⅓ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup buffalo wing sauce, divided
- 2 ounces feta cheese or blue cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 cup arugula
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add the quinoa, chicken, breadcrumbs, parmesan, egg, ½ of the buffalo sauce, feta, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop mixture and form into 1 ½ - 2 " balls and place on baking sheet at least 1" apart. Bake for 13-15 minutes then drizzle on the rest of buffalo sauce and heat in oven for another 1-2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the apricot preserves, vinegar, honey and mustard. Add arugula and toss together.
- To plate, add arugula mixture to serving dish then top with the quinoa bites.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!