A Buffalo Chicken Dip made with spicy melted cheese sauce and chunks of chicken sprinkled with blue cheese. It is has the perfect balance of cheesiness and spice.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Yield: 6-8
- Prep Time: 20 min
- 1 ½ cups Milk (1% or 2%)
- ¼ cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese, cubed
- 2 ½ cups Rotisserie Chicken, shredded
- ½ - ¾ cups Franks Hot Buffalo Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Blue Cheese
- Serve with Tortilla Chips
- Place the shredded chicken in a bowl, and pour the Franks hot sauce over. It will take about ¾ cup of completely soak the chicken, but you might want to use less sauce if you want to make a more mild dip. Plus, you can always add more hot sauce later.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour until it is completely incorporated. Bring the milk and flour mixture to a slow boil, while whisking frequently. Once the mixture boils, stir constantly, letting the sauce thicken for 1 minute.
- Add the cheese to the sauce, and stir until melted. Then season with salt and pepper to taste. Reduce the heat to low.
- Stir the chicken into the sauce. Taste the sauce and add more hot sauce if you like.
- Pour the dip into a bowl, top with the blue cheese, and serve immediately with some dips. Or if you aren't serving the dip right away, keep the dip warm in a 300 degree oven, and add the blue cheese once you are ready to serve.