These Breakfast Waffle Tacos are just the easy weeknight brinner or breakfast recipe that you need in your recipe rotation! The breakfast tacos are loaded with sausage, potatoes, red and green peppers, and onions!
Breakfast Waffle Tacos
- Servings: 2 tacos
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 22 min
- 12 frozen round waffles
- 6 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 18 oz package Jimmy Dean Sausage Skillets
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped tomatoes
- Sliced green onions
- Sour cream
- Move oven rack to the middle position and preheat to 400 degrees F. Place 6 waffles on a microwave safe plate and cook on high for 45 seconds, or until the waffles are warm and pliable. Repeat with the remaining 6 waffles.
- Fold one waffle into a taco shape and use 2 toothpicks to secure the waffle in place, leaving a good amount of space for the waffle to be filled. Place the waffle on an ungreased baking sheet and repeat with the remaining waffles.
- Bake the waffles for 7-8 minutes or until they are crisp and hold their shape. Remove the toothpicks and set aside.
- In a medium bowl add the eggs and whisk until combined and set aside.
- Add the vegetable oil to a large 12-inch non-stick skillet and turn the heat to medium. Once the oil is shimmering, pour in the contents of the Jimmy Dean Sausage Skillets pouch into the pan. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the beaten eggs evenly over the sausage mixture and cook, while stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Spoon the sausage skillet into the waffles and top with shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes, sliced green onions, and/or sour cream (all optional). Serve.