This breakfast cake is filled with eggs, Italian sausage, sage, apples and bread. It is the perfect breakfast treat!
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 30 min
- 8 Eggs
- 1 ¼ cups Milk
- 4 cups French Bread, cubed
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- ½ cup Goat Cheese
- 1 Apple, chopped
- ¼ cup Sage, chopped
- ¼ cup Pesto
- 4 ounces Italian Sausage
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, lightly whisk eggs. Pour in the milk and bread cubes. Coat each bread cube with egg mixture. In the same bowl, add cheeses, apples, sage, pesto, salt and pepper. Mix well and let sit.
- In a skillet, brown the Italian sausage. Once fully cooked, add the sausage to the mixture and stir.
- Assemble a spring form cake pan, making sure it is locked securely in place. Pour the egg mixture in the cake pan. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- While cooling, top the breakfast cake with Parmesan cheese and sage. Enjoy!
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!